2009-2010 Energy Tax Credit Quick Facts
And now...get a 30% Tax Credit up to $1,500.
Step 1: Purchase qualifying JELD-WEN windows and/or doors (Look for the NFRC label on product and make sure it has 0.30 or less in the U-Factor and SHGC boxes).
Step 2: Retain the receipts that show the cost of the qualifying products (without the installation charges) and save each NFRC label from each window or door. Keep these with your tax materials in case of an audit.
Step 3: Download our Manufacturer's Certification Statement and keep it with your tax records.
Step 4: Submit the claim with your taxes for the year the windows and/or doors were installed.
Step 5: Always consult your tax advisor.
- The windows and doors must have a u-value (or u-factor) and a Solar Heat Gain Coefficient (SHGC) equal to or less than .30 to qualify.
- The windows and/or doors must be used to improve an existing home. This tax credit does not apply to new homes.
- The windows and doors must be "placed in service" between January 1, 2009 through December 31, 2010. "Placed in service" is defined as when the property is ready and available for use.
- The structure must be the taxpayer's primary residence.
- Garage doors must be installed into an insulated garage to qualify.
- To view FAQs addressed on the ENERGY STAR website,