$1,500 Is Yours with the Energy Efficiency Tax Credit
Save Serious Money and Energy with SeriousWindows.
Purchase SeriousWindows and save energy, save money, and qualify for a credit of up to $1500 on your federal income tax. SeriousWindows and doors can save you serious money by reducing your energy bills by up to 50%.
There is no better time to do something good for the environment and your pocketbook.
On February 17, President signed The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 that makes energy efficient home improvements even more affordable. The new tax credits refund up to 30% of the cost of the eligible windows and doors up to a limit of $1,500. Qualifying window and door products must have a U-Factor of 0.30 or lower and a Solar Heat Gain Coefficient (SHGC) of 0.30 or lower.
Download SeriousWindows Replacement Window Tax Credit Certification
How to qualify and claim the tax credit:*
- Purchase qualifying SeriousWindows or doors with both a U-Factor of 0.30 or lower and an SHGC of 0.30 or lower. Click here to see all the SeriousWindows that meet the U-factor and SHGC criteria. There are many options to choose from depending upon your budget and needs.
- Purchase and install qualifying products beginning January 1, 2009 thru December 31, 2010.
- Save your sales receipt and the performance label (NFRC or ENERGY STAR® labels).
- Claim the Federal tax credit.
Limitations on tax credit:
- Tax credit is for the cost of the products only – the credit does not include installation costs.
- Tax credit is 30% of the amount paid for the qualifying product up $1500.
- These tax credits do not apply if you are building a new home.
* Many SeriousWindows will qualify. Please consult your tax advisor and review all IRS guidelines.