ThermaTru Doors and the Federal Energy Tax Credit
Up to $1,500 Cash Back
Not only do Therma-Tru doors help save you money on energy costs, but now homeowners can get up $1,500 cash back through The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009.
As part of this Economic Stimulus package, homeowners are eligible for a 30 percent tax credit on qualifying products used for energy-efficient home improvements made throughout 2009 to 2010.* Please visit www.energystar/taxcredit for more information.
How do I qualify for the tax credit?
- Purchase and install a qualified Therma-Tru product from 01/01/09 through 12/31/10 (installation costs not eligible).*
- The product must be installed in taxpayer's principal residence.
- Products must have both a U-Factor and Solar Heat Gain Coefficient (SHGC) of 0.30 or lower.
- For your own record keeping, save your sales receipt (showing the individual price of each qualifying product) and the manufacturer certification statement.
- Claim your tax credit for the year the home improvement was made.
How do I know which products qualify?
The charts below allow you to easily identify whether or not your product qualifies. The first is a simple matrix that outlines which Therma-Tru products qualify. The second chart contains each product's specific U-Values and Solar Heat Gain Coefficients (SHGC). It should be noted that neither of these charts are required when filing for the tax credit. They are for your reference only.
Product Qualification Chart (U-Values & SHGC included)
Taxpayers should download a copy of the Manufacturer's Certification Statement for their own personal records, but do not have to submit a copy with their tax return.
Manufacturer Certification Statement